Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect 16 introduces a New “Native Connection” method to both 32 and 64-bit versions in addition to the existing connection methods that require separate ODBC or OLEDB drivers to be installed.
Enterprise Architect 16 makes the simplest and recommended way to establish connections with existing and new repositories like:
- SQL Server
Native Connection does not require the need for installation of drivers for individual DBMS and DSN definitions.
Enter the details of the database in the Native Connection window and connect Enterprise Architect to it.
|Access:||Start Page > Open Project | Server Connection
Start Page > Manage Projects > Connect to Server (on drop-down arrow, Select Native Connection)
How do we connect to the Repositories using Native Connection in Enterprise Architect 16?
- Click on the radio button for the type of DBMS you are connecting to.
- Give the name of the connection in the description field.
- Enter the database details as required.
- Click on test to check whether the connection is successful or not.
- If the connection is successful, OK button will be enabled. Click on it to connect with the EA repository.
Please contact us or write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us @ +91 8248004261 to have a live demo about the new EA 16 features and capabilities.