Each Scriptlet has access to three global objects in addition to the standard automation environment. They are:
- theDiagram – an automation Diagram interface to the diagram on which the Scriptlet resides
- theElement – an automation Element interface to the Scriptlet artifact itself
- theInstance – an automation DiagramObject interface to the Scriptlet artifact itself
Figure 1 Scriptlet in Toolbox
- Apply change to the appearance of elements, names, and tagged values.
- Updates to dynamic properties can be automated.
- Create your spreadsheets with the new Grid Style diagrams and Scriptlets.
- Update the Grid style diagrams using new cell references (A:1, A:2, etc.,) API.
- Dynamically colour code elements based on your rules.
- Populate and edit a table of data.
- Render graphics.
- Validate model elements in a diagram.
How to use Scriptlets in EA 16?
- Drag-drop the Scriptlet element from the toolbox.
- Double click on the artifact to open the scripting pad.
- Edit the script as required.
- Reload the diagram to run the script automatically or right-click on the Scriptlet element and choose ‘Run Script’ from the context menu to run manually.
- Multiple Scriptlet elements can be used on a single diagram and, the Z-order of the Scriptlets on the diagram determines the order in which they are executed.
- Scriptlets are model-based and therefore the same Scriptlet element can be used on multiple diagrams.
Using Scriptlets in MDG Technologies
- Scriptlets can be incorporated into the definition of an element stereotype, as part of a Profile in an MDG Technology.
- Scriptlets can therefore be used to make on-the-fly changes to an element’s properties and presentation.
- To add a Scriptlet to an element stereotype, create an attribute named ‘_scriptlet’ within the element used to define the stereotype, and enter the script code into the ‘Initial Value’ field of that attribute’s properties.
Please contact us or write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us @ +91 8248004261 to have a live demo about the new EA 16 features and capabilities.