- The ability to examine the specifics of a single element, whether it is stored in the current model or in an external data source, is made possible by the Inspector window.
- In most cases, the window has a “Details” tab that lists all the features and traits that apply to the element type.
- Even if they don’t have any items, the categories of features and attributes are listed.
- The Inspector window has got a new update on the latest release of EA 16. Let’s understand this new feature.
What’s new in Sparx Enterprise Architect 16?
- The Inspector window’s “Status” tab now gives a brief summary of the status and priority of each element of the “Requirement” type in a diagram.
- With the aid of this triage tool, you can clearly see what can wait/ what can take a backseat while concentrating on what is most crucial right now.
- Display a list of all diagram elements.
- Pay attention to each element’s Status, and Priority settings.
- Concentrate on the most critical challenges.
- To drive modeling and design, add Priority, and Status types to the model.
Note: The Priority tab is available for Requirement, Feature, Change, Issue
A section in the “Status” tab of a diagram contains the information of artifacts. They are as follows:
- Element name
- Status icon
- Priority icon
A workflow step or a significant turning point in project management procedures like business analysis or product development can be determined by an element’s status. One can choose from the below mentioned stages that are available in the drop down list.
- Proposed and
Note: Any of these parameters can be supplemented or altered with your own unique values. Additionally, you can specify the types of elements that can display the type of each status associated with color band.
Customize element properties using the General Types window
When you add or modify an element’s properties, you can specify the type or status of the property by choosing from a drop-down list that initially includes values provided by the system. Any of these system settings can be supplemented or altered with your own unique values. Properties like Status, Constraint, Constraint Status, Difficulty, Priority, Test Status, requirement, Scenario and Maintenance Status can also be customized.