Auto Refresh Diagrams
- Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect provides the New Auto Refresh feature that allows you to collaborate on diagrams with your team in real-time. This results in improved support for multiple people offering feedback on the same diagram simultaneously.
- It lets your team monitor the changes immediately after enabling the Auto-Refresh option on your diagram with a time interval.
- One can design his own dynamic and distributed real-time modeling environment by combining Review, Chat, Discussion, and/or Journal.
- The Feature is explicitly available in Enterprise Architect version 16.0 and later.
Figure 1: Auto Refresh Context Menu
- Right-clicking on the diagram background –> Collaborate –> Auto Refresh
- In Ribbon, select the Layout –> Auto Refresh –> Auto Refresh
Context Menu Options :
|Disabled||For all diagrams, this is the default setting. Any user can update the diagram, but there is a risk of updating’ collisions’. You’ll get a warning notice and a prompt to refresh the diagram if another user saves their changes.|
|7||Set the refresh interval to 7 seconds and enable automatic refresh mode for the current diagram.|
|15||Set the refresh interval to 15 seconds and enable automatic refresh mode for the current diagram.|
|30||Set the refresh interval to 30 seconds and enable automatic refresh mode for the current diagram.|
|60||Set the refresh interval to 60 seconds and enable automatic refresh mode for the current diagram.|
|Pause & Edit||Allows the current user to edit the diagram by pausing the automatic refresh of the diagram and releasing the lock on the diagram for the current user.|
|Resume||Saves any outstanding changes to the diagram and reapplies the lock, which prevents any additional modifications to the diagram and resumes the diagram’s automatic refreshing.|
Auto Reload Changed Diagrams
- Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect’s New Auto Reload functionality ensures that the diagram you are working on is the most recent version.
- One can reload any diagrams that are open while others make modifications by enabling this functionality in Enterprise Architect.
- It allows one to rapidly communicate with other individuals at work and ensures that the graphical reports EA provides are up to date.
Access: Layout –> Diagram –> Options –> Auto Reload Changed Diagrams
Please Contact Us or write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a detailed demo session of Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect.